Monday, July 18, 2005

Willy Wonka

Does anyone know what the relationship is between the actual Willy Wonka candies owned by the Nestle company and the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie? I've been wondering about that because I've been told that the Nestle company is evil and it makes me like the movie less to think that such a company might be profiting from the movie.

If anyone has any information on the subject, post it please.

PS--I saw the movie in IMAX and I'd give it a 7/10. Also, I don't think it is any better in IMAX than it would be in a normal theatre.

PPS--I love NERDS candy even though that is made by the Nestle company.

4 Comments:

Blogger luke_d said...

OK, I just read myself that Nestle heavily backed the movie, providing among other things, the chocolate river.

10:10 PM

 
Blogger fgelias said...

one of the first christmas shows that my dad built at dayton's (now marshall fields) was charlie and the chocolate factory. this was before i was born. apparently, they had a real chocolate river in the auditorium for one of the scenes. my dad claims that one could smell the chocolate from the first floor (the auditorium is on the eighth). it was also no fun at all to clean up after the show was over.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger luke_d said...

sweet!

10:33 AM

 
Blogger Astrid said...

I don't know the answer to your question, but I must say that I loved the movie. I give it a 9/10!

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home